Thursday, March 12, 2015

Book Organization - In the Car

As you might expect, I have a bit of a book storage problem.  A number of books are kept in the car... for donations to charity book drives, or books I've bought at used book sales, or for reading in case of emergency.  I also keep a number of books in the car for my children to read.


Yesterday I planned to get the car washed, at one of those places that does the carpets and upholstery too, so I needed to get all the books into proper places.  After filling up the pockets behind the seats, the console, the glove box, the door panel pockets and that space under the back area where the tire is stored, I still had some children's books which didn't fit.  Fortunately, my three year old had left his backpack (which he calls his Jet Pack) in the car.


I fit the books into the Jet Pack, carried it out with me when I walked through to pay at the car wash, and voila! Clean Car!


This morning I was driving my three year old  and he asked why there were all these books in his Jet Pack.  I explained that I had to clean up the car so the car wash could vacuum and I thought it would be best to organize his books in a place not on the floor or on the seats.  "Good idea or bad idea?", I asked. 


"Good idea.  But you should ask people before you use their Jet Packs."


"That's true," I acknowledged, "but it's nice to have a clean car, isn't it?"


"Yes, but."


A couple of minutes later he said "For example.  I have a muffin to save for later, I put it in your briefcase.  Good idea or bad idea?"


Point taken. 

2 comments:

  1. Super funny! Although as long as the muffin was in a bag or container it would be a bonus snack during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to say that based on past experience, he's not really good at properly wrapping and storing food in appropriate containers.

    But thinking about it, I have to acknowledge it doesn't make a difference. If I find a smashed, smooshed up muffin or portion thereof in the bottom of my briefcase, there are days I'd still happily accept it as lunch.

    ReplyDelete